Safety & Security
Our Number One Priority
To ensure the safety, security and well-being of the children in our care, each YKROK centre has procedures and standards in place to cover pick-up and drop-off, visitors, equipment and furniture safety, transporting children and more. These procedures are periodically reviewed and updated to make certain they reflect the most current safety and security technology and practices.
Safety and Security FAQ's
The lobby entrance is gated and locked at all times and is securely separated from the actual classrooms. Only those with the access card using our security system can gain access to the classrooms.
Pick-up and Drop-off
Each child must be checked in and out on our access card every day. We enforce our policy by assigning each parent one access card and others who are authorized to pick up the child. Your Centre Head keeps an updated file of names, addresses and phone numbers of people authorized to pick up children in case of an emergency. No child is released to an adult without proper authorization. Ever.
Pick-up and Drop-off Policy
- Two (2) security guards will be provided and stationed at every significant egress during hours of operation.
- Centre provided Photo identification must be presented upon entering facility by authorized people, those who are not parents.
- The parent/guardian signature must be obtained upon arrival and departure every day.
- At pick up time, some times parents cannot come and request that another adult pick up a child from the program, documented permission and that person’s photo identification must be submitted prior to the date the child is being picked up from the program. If the request is put in the same day by phone the pass word submitted at the time of admissions and identification of authorized pickup will be needed. We will call you prior to releasing the child.
- Parents are requested to list anyone who they do not want to pick up the child.
We do not allow anyone to enter the premises till the centre head or the administration manager permit the security guards. Vendors are allowed at particular timings only between 1.30 and 3pm. All visitors to our centre are greeted in our secure lobby, directed to sign the Visitor Log and write the purpose of the visit. Picture identification is required from all unfamiliar visitors and contact details are documented. A visitor listed as an authorized person to pick up a child must still show picture identification if the director and/or associate does not know him/her.
Risk and quality assurance
Risk reduction and quality care maintenance procedures and policies are as follows:
- Periodic collection of data reports from the operations team.
- facility environmental inspections,
- fire drill and other emergency drills (recorded after drill),
- periodic program evaluations completed by parents,
- incident/accident reports,
- parents committee composed of parents and teaching staff
- And an in place emergency evacuation procedure.
YKROK centres are totally insured. We have a General comprehensive accident and medical insurance plus motor insurance policy including 3rd party property damage and bodily injury.
Our Food Preparation Specialists are trained in the safe handling, preparation and storage of foods and are constantly monitored to ensure safe nutritious meals. Meal times are designed to promote good eating habits, and are pleasant social and learning experiences for the children. Teachers do not eat with their groups and assist their children to eat. Infants are held while feeding. Toddlers are encouraged to feed themselves. All eating utensils, chairs and tables are sized appropriately for each age group. Our tables' height may be adjusted proportionately, and they are easily cleaned. YKROK works with in-house nutritionists to make sure that our menus are nutritionally wholesome.
No hot drinks of any kind are allowed around children; electrical outlets are plugged with outlet caps; appliances are out of reach of children; temperature of the hot water at sinks will not scald, and food temperature is monitored to prevent burns.
The building, playground and equipment are as safe as we can make them. More than
9 years of experience and testing have taught us what equipment to buy and how to arrange it for maximum safety, both inside and outside the centre. We make sure children are protected from the elements and are easily supervised. And it's where the important activities of the day like playing, eating, sleeping, washing hands, and going to the bathroom take place. We will source from the US and India for the best and most appropriate early childhood classroom equipment, children’s furniture, educational toys, and curriculum materials for child care and early education based on guidelines prepared by the leading accreditation authority NAEYC on developmentally appropriate curriculum.
Child-friendly Furniture and Materials
Our centre’s are child-friendly - child-sized tables and chairs are sturdy and "nontippable. " There are no sharp corners. Toys and learning areas are carefully arranged. Equipment is monitored on an on-going basis to ensure it is in good working order. Broken or unsafe equipment is always taken out of service immediately, to be repaired or replaced.