Explore and Exercise, Develop Friendships, Confidence And Self-Esteem
Young Toddlers (14-18 Months) and Toddlers (18-24 Months)
Children are now upright; walking, eating table food and taking only one nap a day. They begin to follow more of a schedule where their friends participate in some of the same activities at the same time.
Our program focuses on providing fun activities that encourage physical, emotional, social and cognitive development. Children are encouraged to develop and become confident in their newly discovered independence skills as they explore their environment.
There is one head teacher for every four toddlers and additional staff for providing basic needs care, they also teach children to use self-help skills. Routines and limits are essential at this age to help children predict the events that will occur during the day and determine their boundaries.
Milestones focused on in the Toddler experience:
- Increased language development
- Interest in joining groups of children
- Developing fine motor control
- Learning songs
- Increased ability to communicate verbally
- Ability to problem solve
- The need for routine
- Demonstrating independence skills
- Awareness of self and others
- Desire to explore environment freely
- Toilet Training
- Eating Independently
- Participating n the Annual Day, Celebrations /Birthday Parties, Grandparents Day,Festivals, Occasions, Special Guest Visits, Appreciation Cards, and much more.